Total Pageviews

One of the Top 100 Education Blogs

View All 100 Blogs

Thursday 29 August 2013

KS1 Here I come

The new teaching year sees me taking on a brand new challenge. I have been teaching for 15 years, I have taught years 3,4,5 and 6, all of KS2. But in the new academic year I will become a KS1 or infant teacher for the first time, I'm taking it easy though and will be cutting my teeth on Year2. I don't think I'm quite ready for the challenges of FS2 or even year 1 just yet but never say never.

Exciting times! I relish a new challenge but that said it will definitely provide me with a huge learning curve I'm sure. I have been into school this summer holidays more than I ever have, setting up my class taking on a whole new meaning.

Pinterest has, as always, provided me with some amazing ideas, ranging from line up chants to inspiration for a reading corner and I am probably more organised this year than I have ever been. Organised yes, ready no!!!!

It was the move into KS1 that finally prompted me to set up a blog as I am sure the road ahead will be fun, challenging, rocky at times but as a true pragmatic I say BRING IT ON!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the move goes well for you. Your blog should be good for helping you reflect on the change and the challenge. I must say, I echo your love of pinterest - such a great source of new ideas.

    ReplyDelete